Thursday, November 6, 2008

Painting with the Tuscaloosa women's painters..


Our local painting group went to Moundville, Al, and painted out last week. This is what I turned out that morning. The weather was glorious, and we had a very good turnout. I'm not sure if I like this one or not. The golden green of sun shinging through leaves is hard for me to get without it turning into a sort of bilious green.
We had a terrific meal afterwards at Miss Melissa's Cafe. Wonderful food, great prices. Then I began to look for my keys. And I looked. And my friends looked. Finally someone had to take me twenty minutes back to my house to get my extra keys. It turns out someone else in our group had thrown them in her purse, thinking they were hers. I really was thankful that my friend Pam was there to ferry me back and forth to get my keys. I was also grateful that I wasn't 300 miles from home. I made sure I had an extra key to hang around my neck on my trip to the Smokies- just in case.

No comments: